Barely two months after abducting over 200 schoolgirls from Chibok, Borno State, the militant Islamic sect, Boko Haram, has written to the people of the community to watch out for their next visit.
A highly-placed official of the Chibok Local Government Area, who made this known to journalists on Thursday, said that in the letter, the insurgents warned Chibok would soon be visited with terror.
He however said that the letter had been shown to police authorities who assured them of maximum protection.
The official, who did not want his name in print, said in spite of the assurances by the police, the people were living in ‘‘great fear.’’
He said, “Everyone in the LGA believes that the sect cannot be pocketed by security men. The letter has further worsened their fear.
“Whenever Boko Haram tells you that they are coming, they will never fail to do so. Our fear now is that, we don’t know when and how they are going to come but our people are in great fear. We are calling for prayers as well as on government to provide adequate security in Chibok.”
p class=”post-sig”>pls click here to like our…