The 49-year-old star – who earned an estimated $75 million for the year 2012 and 2013 – has topped Forbes’ annual ranking of the highest paid movie stars after making a fortune from his portrayal of ‘Iron Man.’
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson came in second place with an earning of $52 million, which he accumulated from a number of acting roles as well as producing gigs.
Bradley Cooper, 39, followed behind with an estimated $46 million due to his much loved roles in ‘The Hangover’ and ‘American Hustle’, while Leonardo DiCaprio, 39, secured fourth place with $39 million.
Chris Hemsworth finished off the top five with an estimated earning of$37 million after beating Liam Neeson and Ben Affleck, who earned $36 million and $35 million respectively, to the place.
Will Smith and Mark Wahlberg fell to the bottom of the top 10 list with an estimated annual earning of $32 million, while Johnny Deep, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise all failed to secure a place on the chart.
The top 10 list of highest paid actors 2014:
- Robert Downey Jr – $75 million
- Dwayne Johnson – $52 million
- Bradley Cooper – $46 million
- Leonardo DiCaprio – $39 million
- Chris Hemsworth – $37 million
- Liam Neeson – $36 million
- Ben Affleck – $35 million
- Christian Bale – $35 million
- Will Smith – $32 million
- Mark Wahlberg – $32 million