GOODNEWS: Ebola Patients In Lagos To Be Given Experimental Treatment

Eight Nigerians Ebola patients in Lagos Nigeria awaiting the experimental drug to be administered. The  Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, announced that the experimental drug came from a Nigerian scientist, whose name has not yet been disclosed.

Eight Nigerians infected with Ebola will be given doses of the experimental treatment Nano Silver – reported by the United States’ Wall Street Journal

As an experimental treatment, there is much mystery surrounding is known about Nano Silver.

Dr. Simon Agwale, a contagious disease expert, said Nano Silver had proven effective against viruses, parasites, and bacteria.

<

p class=”post-sig”>

EXCLUSIVE TO PRIENBLOG.COM
for Updates, Advert placement, Online music promo, Publicity, Publishing of Articles etc….Contact: PRIENBLOG™

Twitter: @prienblog
Facebook: http://www.fb.me.com/prienblog
 Pins: 2858BDF5
✉ princeprien@gmail.com ,
✉ prien57@yahoo.com
Phone: 08052063461

Advertisements

AU Pledges One Million Dollars To Fight Ebola

The African Union has added to global efforts to contain and eradicate the Ebola virus disease with a pledge of one million US dollars.

Speaking in South Africa, the AU commission chairperson, Dr Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, said the fund is basically expected to fill the urgent needs of the countries affected by the disease which has killed more than a thousand people in West Africa.

As of August 11, the World Health Organization had recorded a total of 1,975 cases of confirmed, probable and suspected Ebola, including 1,069 deaths in Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Nigeria.

Nigeria’s Federal Government had confirmed the death of another nurse who had primary contact with the late American- Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, on Thursday.

A statement issued by the Minister of Health, Prof.Chukwu Onyebuchi, in Abuja on Thursday, noted that the nurse is the fourth person to have died of the Ebola Virus Disease in the country.

He also said that the number of confirmed cases of persons with the Ebola Virus Disease is ten and not eleven as earlier reported.

Chukwu noted that she was one of the health workers that had primary contact with Mr Sawyer .

He said, “The fourth death recorded today was a Nigerian nurse who participated in the initial management of the index case. We have now recorded 10 confirmed cases of Ebola Virus Disease. Out of these, four have died and eight are currently under treatment.”

The minister also apologised for the error in the number of confirmed cases given to journalists at a press briefing organised by the Federal Ministry of Health in Abuja earlier in the day.

Chukwu noted, “It is important to note that the number of confirmed cases remains 10 as at today and not 11 as earlier announced this morning. We regret the error which arose from double counting in the process of communicating the additional death from the operational centre in Lagos to the Federal Ministry of Health.”

<

p class=”post-sig”>

EXCLUSIVE TO PRIENBLOG.COM
for Updates, Advert placement, Online music promo, Publicity, Publishing of Articles etc….Contact: PRIENBLOG™

Twitter: @prienblog
Facebook: http://www.fb.me.com/prienblog
 Pins: 2858BDF5
✉ princeprien@gmail.com ,
✉ prien57@yahoo.com
Phone: 08052063461

Patrick Sawyer Deceived Us, ECOWAS To Travel To Nigeria -Liberian Minister

Patrick Sawyer, the late Liberian-American, who brought the deadly Ebola virus to Nigeria, deceived and manipulated the Liberian government and the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS, to enable him travel to Nigeria, an official, who admitted approving Mr. Sawyer’s travel, has said.

Sebastian Muah, who until recently was the Liberian Deputy Minister of Finance for Fiscal Affairs, said in an email to Premium Times that the late Mr. Sawyer deceived the Liberian government into believing that he was “Ebola Free’.

Mr. Muah was responding to this newspaper’s exclusive report on Tuesday indicating that he, on behalf of the Liberian government, cleared Mr. Sawyer to head to Nigeria even when the administration knew he was under observation for Ebola.

In his response, the former minister said Mr. Sawyer told his ministry that he had no contact with his younger sister who died of the disease on July 8 and that he had voluntarily subjected himself for testing which showed he was free of Ebola.

Mr. Muah said even to secure employment as a Liberian Government official, a position that qualified him for the trip, Mr. Sawyer lied that he had quit his employment as Public Health Manager of ArcelorMittal, an iron ore mining company in the country.

The former minister said Mr. Sawyer told the same lies to ECOWAS, and at a point, sidestepped the Liberian Minister of Finance, dealing directly with ECOWAS on matters concerning the trip.

On the whole, Mr. Muah blamed the slip that enabled Mr. Sawyer to travel to Nigeria on a “broken system of communication” within the Liberian bureaucracy.

<

p class=”post-sig”>

EXCLUSIVE TO PRIENBLOG.COM
for Updates, Advert placement, Online music promo, Publicity, Publishing of Articles etc….Contact: PRIENBLOG™

Twitter: @prienblog
Facebook: http://www.fb.me.com/prienblog
 Pins: 2858BDF5
✉ princeprien@gmail.com ,
✉ prien57@yahoo.com
Phone: 08052063461

US Ebola patient: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks out for the first time

US Ebola patient Dr. Kent Brantly speaks out – read his statementDr. Kent Brantly, one of the two US doctors who contracted the Ebola virus in Liberia, has spoken out for thefirst time. He released a statement from his isolation room at Emory University in Atlanta where he’s being treated after he was flown out of Liberia last week. He is the first Ebola patient to receive experimental serum, ZMapp. Below is the statement Brantlyreleased to the media yesterday.

“I am writing this update from my isolation room at Emory University Hospital, where the doctors and nurses are providing the very best care possible. I am growing stronger every day, and I thank God for His mercy as I have wrestled with this terrible disease. I also want to extend my deep and sincere thanks to all of you who have been praying for my recovery as well as for Nancy and for the people of Liberia and WestAfrica.

“My wife Amber and I, along with our two children, did not move to Liberia for the specific purpose of fighting Ebola. We went to Liberia because we believe God calledus to serve Him at ELWA Hospital.”

“One thing I have learned is that following God often leads us to unexpected places. When Ebola spread into Liberia, my usual hospital work turned more and more toward treating the increasing number of Ebola patients. I held the hands of countless individuals as this terrible disease took their lives away from them. I witnessed the horror first-hand, and I can still remember every face and name.

“When I started feeling ill on that Wednesday morning, I immediately isolated myself until the test confirmed my diagnosis three days later. When the result was positive, I remember a deep sense of peace that was beyond all understanding. God was reminding me of what He had taught me years ago, that He will give me everything I need to be faithful to Him.

“Now it is two weeks later, and I am in a totally different setting. My focus, however, remains the same – to follow God. As you continue to pray for Nancy and me, yes, please pray for our recovery. More importantly, pray that we would be faithful to God’s call on our lives in these new circumstances.”

Ghana bans flights from Nigeria, Liberia, others

Following the death of a Liberian victim of the deadly Ebola virus in the country, Ghana has banned flights from Nigeria and other West African countries, according to allafrica.com.

The Managing Director, Ghana Airport Company, Charles Asare, said it was part of elaborate emergency measures the authorities were implementing to prevent the virus from spreading into the West African country.

Also, restrictions have been imposed on the movement of Liberian refugees who are still at the Buduburam Refugee Camp in the country.

Ever since its outbreak, the Ebola virus has claimed the lives of over 600 victims in the West African sub-region.

Ghana also bans flight from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

Ghana’s Health Ministry also announced that efforts were underway to establish Ebola treatment centres across the country.

The country’s Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman-Mensah, advised Ghanaians to be patient because government was doing its best to protect the citizens.

“It is worth bearing in mind that preparedness is not an event but a process,” he said.

Though a suspected fever case which was reported at a clinic in Ghana was negative, Ghanaians have expressed fear about the possible spread of the disease in the country due to closeness to the four countries where deaths have been recorded.

Governments in the sub-region are putting in place stringent measures to prevent the further spread of the disease.

According to the health minister, the disease surveillance system in Ghana has been placed on “high alert through intensification of viral haemorrhagic fever surveillance, the field officers are on the alert to pick, package and transport specimens to the lab for confirmation.”

The respective health officers at Ghana’s ports have been given orientation in the detection of cases at points of entry.

“We have activated a system for screening all passengers especially from countries that have recorded cases,” Agyeman-Mensah added. The health minister gave the assurance that his outfit was monitoring the progression of the Ebola disease in West African nations.

But the Federal Government had said that there was no outbreak.

The General Manager, Public Affairs, Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, Mr. Fan Ndubouke, said that the agency was not aware of such a development.

He said, “We are not aware of any such thing, we have confirmed from Arik Air and Aero Contractors which are the two airlines that fly to Ghana from Nigeria, and Arik has confirmed to us that they haven’t received such notice.

“We are still trying to get Aero to confirm, but I can tell you that from NCAA’s angle, there is nothing like that.”

The Spokesman, Aero Contractors, Mr. Simon Tunba, told our correspondent that Aero had not heard anything like that.

“We have not heard anything concerning such, and have not seen any letter to that effect.”

Efforts to reach Arik for comments could not yield as at press time.

<

p class=”post-sig”>
for Updates, Advert placement, Online music promo, Publicity, Publishing of Articles etc….Contact: PRIENBLOG™
Facebook: http://www.fb.me/prienblog
Twitter: @prienblog
 Pins: 2858BDF5
✉ princeprien@gmail.com
✉ prien57@yahoo.com
Phone: 08052063461